• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My phone doesn't let me donwload paid apps!

When I download free apps it works just fine. But when I get paid apps, i get an e-mail thanking me for the purchase, but when I try to download, all i get is "authorizing purchase", it never downloads. I bought Shazam but it never downloaded, it's been a week now, and I went to places where I got 4G, I tried the Wi-fi, but nothing worked. I thought it was Shazam, so I bought a different, app like Shazam called SoundHound, but it still does the same problem. Is this a problem with my phone? should I go back to sprint and ask them about it? what's the best solution for this?

Are you using an actual @gmail.com account or an email thats run through gmail but has a different domain name?

I use an alternate domain name email hosted by gmail and although that account works for everything else on the phone, you HAVE to have an actual @gmail.com account for the app purchasing to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones