• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Phone has a charging problem! Dx

valerie1

Lurker
May 29, 2011
Ok, I have no idea what could be wrong with my Motorola Droid. Yesterday It was perfectly fine but then last night, when I plugged in the charger into the phone, It was as if it were having a mini spasm attack. The pop-up thing that comes out saying "You have 5% or less of battery" kept on coming out. Also, although the connection was plugged in, the light that signals that the phone is charging kept flashing. Now, my phone is taking forever to charge and/or isn't charging at all. Im worried, I don't know what it is. If it's the cord or the phone. :( help?

My first DX had a bad usb/power connector on the phone and I had to replace it when I couldn't charge it. My first clue should have been the usb connect/disconnect tones while I had it plugged into my computer. With a good connection I should have only heard that when plugged/unplugged, not during. :D

If you plug it into your computer, it's going to take at least twice as long to charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones