1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Phone has a charging problem! Dx

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by valerie1, May 29, 2011.

1. valerie1

valerie1 Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    Ok, I have no idea what could be wrong with my Motorola Droid. Yesterday It was perfectly fine but then last night, when I plugged in the charger into the phone, It was as if it were having a mini spasm attack. The pop-up thing that comes out saying "You have 5% or less of battery" kept on coming out. Also, although the connection was plugged in, the light that signals that the phone is charging kept flashing. Now, my phone is taking forever to charge and/or isn't charging at all. Im worried, I don't know what it is. If it's the cord or the phone. :( help?

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    Valerie, Welcome to the forums!

Are you using an aftermarket phone cable? I have one that is 15ft long and the connector is rather loose and unless it is in just the right position it will spaz like you're talking about.

3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    My first DX had a bad usb/power connector on the phone and I had to replace it when I couldn't charge it. My first clue should have been the usb connect/disconnect tones while I had it plugged into my computer. With a good connection I should have only heard that when plugged/unplugged, not during. :D

If you plug it into your computer, it's going to take at least twice as long to charge.