1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My phone is breaking into song!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eric_c, Jun 9, 2011.

1. eric_c

eric_c Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    This is a WTF problem. I have an HTC Desire, bought it last August. When I first got it, it would randomly play some strange song that I have no clue where it is on the device. It sounds like it could be some sort of alert or ringtone. Did it a few times, then it stopped. Didn't think about it as it was not an ongoing issue. However, recently I did a reset and now it's been happening again. There is no rhyme or reason, it's totally random and getting annoying. I had the HTC Hero previously, and never happened with that phone. I am using the same SD card, but I have gone through all my ringtones, alerts, notification sounds, and MP3 files but have no clue what's causing this. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    Anything crop up in the notification bar when this happens?

3. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    One thing springs to mind as a possible cause of your phantom sound is the mobile data roaming sound.

Do you see a letter R next to your signal strength metre when your hear the sound? Go to settings/wireless and networks/mobile networks and check to see if you have data roaming enabled and if so is the data roaming sound also enabled? If it is, turn it off.

Please be aware, that if you turn off the data roaming sound and leave data roaming enabled, you could incur significant charges if you don't realise that your phone is in data roaming mode.. Better to turn off data roaming altogether unless you really need it.

4. eric_c

eric_c Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Nope, none of the above. As soon as I do something, like open an app or hit a button, it stops.

5. MrCave

MrCave Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    This happened to me, and it must be some notification of some sort. I never found out what.

I fixed it by deleting the song that was playing :D

6. eric_c

eric_c Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    That would be fine if I knew where the f@#$ song was!! Have checked every directory and mp3/media file and can't find it anywhere! :mad:

Tags: