1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My phone is dead

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have bought a Samsung galaxy note2 on 2012. After 11 months of usage my phone is dead, it was not booting up it just show the Samsung logo in the screen whenever am powering it on, and today I took it to the service center and they said that I need to pay 7500 for replacing the mother board!!! It was really shocking!!! Am ready to pay the if the problem is in my side, mother board is damaged because of its low quality, and why should I pay for it? the phone was ever fell down from my hand I was using it very carefully,. The same problem has happened majority of my friend who are using note-2 , my decision to choose Samsung was wrong.. any way I am going to through away the phone and I will buy any other brand. Please show some value on our money. In future I will never promote Samsung to any of my friends, If thing are going like this Nokia will be back soon.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    That is bad. Do you not have at least a year's warranty on the phone? I don't know where you are, so don't know what is normal for warranty cover in your country, but a motherboard failure after 11 months is not normal, and suggests a manufacturing fault (unless the phone has got wet at some point). If you have any sort of warranty I would expect that to be covered - certainly where I am in Europe I'd expect Samsung to just replace it.

I'm surprised though that you say this has happened to most of your friends who have Note 2's. Any manufacturer can produce the odd bad phone, but this sounds odd. There have been some motherboard bugs in 2012 Samsungs (I thought it was just the Galaxy S3, but have found a few reports Note 2 motherboard failures as well), but your symptoms are different from that, and it's certainly not the majority of phones.

Anyway, apart from arguing with the service centre that a phone should not fail after 11 months and that it's clearly defective (whether that will work will depend on consumer protection laws in your country) I can't suggest much else. I would certainly send a complaint to Samsung themselves though (we're just an internet discussion forum, so can't influence Samsung or their service centres).

scary alien likes this.