• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my phone is going bonkers!!

TylerP81

Lurker
Nov 28, 2009
i have a Hero with telus(gsm) and i did the whole OTA firmware upgrade that got sent to me a month or so ago. everything was great! but... now my phone goes aboslute squirrelly whenever im trying to text. i hit a letter to type it and then it goes banana's as if im just running my fingers all over the thing. i have to constantly press end and then try again. it can take me up to 10 minutes to finally get a simple text out. suuuuuper frustrating!! i went in to the telus kiosk and they told me to download the upgrade directly from HTC and try installing it manually as opposed to the "buggy wireless update". well, HTC's website wont allow ya to download the upgrade. anyone have any suggestions? im gonna throw this thing at the friggin wall soon!!

i look and i couldnt really find any similar posts cause everyone elses phone has been rooted. so, ill apologize in advance if im reposting a current thread somewhere.

whoops!! i didnt realize this was in a room for "all things root" sorry!! i dont know how to delete this and repost elsewhere... my phone isnt rooted :/

thanks for the help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones