1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My phone is going crazy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PrinceJarvan, Jul 26, 2013.

1. PrinceJarvan

PrinceJarvan Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2013
    Hey.
    Lately my Galaxy s2 is going mad.
    After being charged overnight and having the 100% thing, i turn him on and he seems to work fine.
    However after a short time (depends if i'm using it or if hes in 'sleeping mode', but eventually it happens) it just shuts himself off.
    When he does that i cant turn him on again, getting the Galaxy s2 screen then the Hello one and he shuts off again.
    The only was to turn him on again is to connect him to a charger.
    Also, if I'm using him WHILE he is connected to the charger, it will NEVER turn off no matter what.
    Before he shuts off, the screen is blinking(seems like the brightness changes from 100 to 0 rapidly but I'm not sure), i get a no entry sign on the top-right of the screen and then he shuts down.

I had this problem for a few weeks now,been trying to solve it with google but everything failed so PLEASE help me with it!

Advertisement

2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
    Hmm seeing as how you only experience this while it's plugged in, my general thought is that you've got a failing battery.

Have you tried or thought about trying out another battery?

3. PrinceJarvan

PrinceJarvan Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2013
    Actually it happens only while not being plugged in, when it is plugged in it is working fine.
    I tried my friend's battery once, it was like 8% in his phone but in mine its showed 2%, so i couldnt test it for so long but the phone seemed to be working fine.
    But maybe it was just temporary, and after continual use it would shut down too:thinking: have to check it again.
    Is there anything i can do besides getting a new battery?
    Thanks for the help.

4. garbam

garbam Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    My phone has the same problem!

5. garbam

garbam Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    Even after factory resetting my phon e, the problem occurred! BTw check if your battery looks a bit puffed.

6. garbam

garbam Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
  7. paigemommy

paigemommy Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2013
    Hi! It's definitely your battery. I've had the same issue before and now again. If you take the battery out you'll see that it's like puffed out almost pillow like. I had mine changed a year ago when I took it to my carrier. They said they've had issues with them. I will just be ordering mine now from a website cause it is no longer covered. But good luck!