1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Phone is stuck going into the bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joehammer75, Sep 11, 2011.

1. joehammer75

joehammer75 Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    I was attempting to go into CWM recovery so I could make a backup but instead my phone went into the boot loader so I did a battery pull and restarted the phone by just pressing the power button no volume buttons and the phone still goes to the boot loader tried hooking it to the pc and ejecting it then a battery pull and then powered it up went right back to the boot loader Anyone know how to fix this??

Advertisement

2. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Being a pain in the a$$! LOL
    Chambersburg, Pa
    Try pulling the battery and with the battery out press the power button to discharge all the power out of the phone. If that doesnt work. Try putting into the bootloader and re-doing the custom recovery. Then boot into recovery and restore backup

joehammer75 likes this.
  3. joehammer75

joehammer75 Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Ok tried the power button that didn't work Now should I put the recovery image for CWM or the stock one back on my phone??

4. joehammer75

joehammer75 Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Just tried both ways replaced CWM with stock and it still goes to boot loader then replaced stock with cwm and it still goes into boot loader...

5. joehammer75

joehammer75 Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Just got off the phone with Virgin tech support (lol) Sounds like they are gonna send me a new phone but I have to call back in the morning because it was the weekend and they can't access there inventory to make sure they have a replacement to send me until morning... I put stock recovery back on the phone even though it can't be accessed anyone foresee any issues with me sending my phone back to them? It is rooted but there is no way to access it to unroot it right now.

6. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Being a pain in the a$$! LOL
    Chambersburg, Pa
    it should be ok... i sent them back a samsung intercept with a custom rom and boot image! LOL they didnt do anything about it either! :D

joehammer75 likes this.
  7. joehammer75

joehammer75 Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Good to hear. Thanks Ziggy. After talking with them today they said they don't have a Triumph in stock but that they should have one to send to me in 4 to 5 days , So I will be without my phone for awhile luckily I still have my old phone with time left on it, but I sure did miss my Triumph at work today.