1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Phone Just Got The 4.0.4 Update, But Still Ghost Dialed *22899?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dankees, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Dankees

Dankees Android Enthusiast

My phone got the 4.0.4 update at exactly 12:00am. The whole process took 10 minutes.

I live in New York.

However, as had been happening to me previously, my phone had been ghost dialing *22899 and had updated the PRL.

Now, right after the update, it ghost dialed, my PRL is still at 15119.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. highvolts

highvolts Well-Known Member

Mine did the same but I ended the call.. Wasn't risking a 3g only PRL.

3. Dankees

I kept trying to turn on the Airplane Mode, which I do when this happens. I don't know if I was able to do it in time. What is everyone's PRL?

4. PA Curmudgeon

PA Curmudgeon Newbie

Mine is 52686.

5. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

I flashed a 4.0.4 ROM (rooted, deodexed, etc.). My PRL is 15109.... No idea what the different PRL numbers mean though... or what to do about it.

6. Dankees

Mine was 52686. A month ago I factory reset and put in a brand new SIM Card and it went to 15119.

7. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

Mine dialed immediately after the update this morning. I'm on a 52xxx PRL. I've got 4G wherever it's available. My battery is rock solid. The PRL doesn't matter.

QED

8. slinky317

slinky317 Member

Have you gone into a Verizon store and asked their technicians, or called customer support?

I see you've gotten a new SIM. That takes the SIM card out of the equation. That means it's either 1) your phone, 2) your specific number/account, or 3) your area. Do you know anyone that has 4G service with Verizon near you? If so, do they get random PRL updates (no matter what phone they're using)?

If the answer is no to that, then the next step would be the phone. Get that replaced and get a new one.

Here's the short answer to your question: No one knows why this is happening. No matter how many times you post threads about it, that answer won't change unless an epiphany occurs. One of the last variables for you to try is get a replacement phone. If that doesn't work, I would call VZW and demand to exchange for a Razr MAXX or something like that.

9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Please do not make unhelpful or critical posts and please do not respond to them if they are posted. We attack issues here, not each other. If you think someone has crossed a line and would like a moderator to review it, use the report button. Moderated actions should never be the topic for discussion.

AntimonyER likes this.
  10. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast

I wasn't watching to see if mine did, but I don't think it did. I've never noticed a ghost dial before. Does it show up in your call log or not?

And what exactly does the PRL have to do with?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews