• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Phone Just Got The 4.0.4 Update, But Still Ghost Dialed *22899?!?!?!?!

Dankees

Android Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2011
My phone got the 4.0.4 update at exactly 12:00am. The whole process took 10 minutes.

I live in New York.

However, as had been happening to me previously, my phone had been ghost dialing *22899 and had updated the PRL.

Now, right after the update, it ghost dialed, my PRL is still at 15119.

Have you gone into a Verizon store and asked their technicians, or called customer support?

I see you've gotten a new SIM. That takes the SIM card out of the equation. That means it's either 1) your phone, 2) your specific number/account, or 3) your area. Do you know anyone that has 4G service with Verizon near you? If so, do they get random PRL updates (no matter what phone they're using)?

If the answer is no to that, then the next step would be the phone. Get that replaced and get a new one.

Here's the short answer to your question: No one knows why this is happening. No matter how many times you post threads about it, that answer won't change unless an epiphany occurs. One of the last variables for you to try is get a replacement phone. If that doesn't work, I would call VZW and demand to exchange for a Razr MAXX or something like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones