• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone keeps dying- What could be the problem?

sharingan_2

Nov 11, 2010
For the past 6 months at least my phone's been acting up. It is a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. Old but reliable until recently. I charge, put on my music app and head out. All's well until I try and do certain things. Whenever I turn on my Wifi/3G, or run a fairly bulky app (i.e. Internet Browser, E-book reader) the phone will say "Shutting down", even though when said app was started, it would have at least 60-70%. I'm not sure what could be causing this. It looks like the phone is thinking it doesn't have enough battery than it actually has, almost as though it predicts how much. Do you think this could be the OS or Software? Or do you think it could be a problem with the battery itself?
All help appreciated.

I could be a software issue and would be worth at least running an update repair to rule that out if nothing else:

1. Download the PC Companion software from Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (UK)
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones