1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My phone keeps MMS sending me an email over and over again

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by crewxp, Oct 21, 2011.

1. crewxp

crewxp Newbie
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    My phone keeps MMS sending me an email over and over again. I had emailed me a picture about 2 days ago, received it; And now I receive the same message (sent from 832xxxxxxx@mms.att.net) about every four hours. I have deleted the text message, but it still keeps sending. I have also checked my email's outbox and sent, even though it says it was sent from a mms address.

Help!

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Are you sure it's sending a new message each time? It sounds like the message is sitting on the exchange server and is still marked as unread and you're getting a notification every fer hours as your phone polls the inbox.

3. crewxp

crewxp Newbie
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    When I login to gmail on my computer, I also receive new 'seperate' messages each time in there too. Looks like they're being sent every '4-5' hours

4. SunShyne1586

SunShyne1586 Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    So I know this an android forum, but as I searched for an answer to my problem :mad:, I came across your posts.

I have an iPhone (not that it makes a difference in this matter). I emailed myself an MMS last Friday. I have received it over 10 times about every 4.5 hrs.

My thought is: I need to login to the mms.att.net email and remove it from the outbox/sent folders.

Any ideas how to do this? I know att.net is yahoo-based but it wont recognize mms.att.net. I wouldn't even know what password to use for that matter.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    This sounds like a glitch in AT&T's servers. If the sending server does not receive a confirmation that the message as sent, then it will sit in the outbox and periodically resend until a defined number of "failed attempts" are met and then it will stop. You might want to contact AT&T directly.