1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Phone Keeps Playing This Weird Song

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by diuspater, Mar 26, 2011.

1. diuspater

diuspater Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    I just updated my Galaxy S to 2.2. After that, once in a while, a track starts playing on it. I start killing all the applications on the phone one-by-one but no steady results.

My wife just upgraded, like 2 hours ago, and as soon as she is done with some set-up--since all the settings on it has been wiped out--her phone starts playing the same thing too.

This is not a song. This is like one of the intro songs to the games or softwares which are kind of neutral and repeat all over again, forever.

Advertisement

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    ROFL.

Did you try peforming a system reset after the update?

3. diuspater

diuspater Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    BTW, this is how it sounds like:

zSHARE - Voice 002.amr - Free File Hosting Service | Audio and Video Sharing | Image Uploading | Web storage

And per the latest research into this, it looks more like a ringtone than an audio file, since when it is playing, if I try to bring the volume up, I see that "ringer volume" goes up and down. And it goes silent when I bring it all the way down to "vibrate" and come back again after I go up.

And also it once started playing right in the middle of this conversation my wife was having.

4. jbar25

jbar25 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Did you ever get this issue resolved?

My phone has a similar issue. There is no indication as to what process is causing this little jingle. I'm not sure if it's the exact same as yours, since your audio file no longer exists on that link you posted.

5. diuspater

diuspater Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    I turned down the "notification" voice all the way. Go to notification settings on your phone and turn down the volume. It will turn down the notification volume.