1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My phone model is: LGL53BL. But always says invalid sim card.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by birhanulukas0, Aug 11, 2019.

1. birhanulukas0

birhanulukas0 Lurker

My phone model is: LGL53BL. But always says invalid sim card. I can't register on my country career? I'm from Ethiopia. My country career is: Ethio Telecom.

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

It's hard to determine if this is a problem with your phone or with that SIM card. Can you temporarily swap SIM cards with a friend or neighbor who has an equivalent, working SIM as a test?

-- If their SIM card is at least detected by your phone, that could indicate a problem with your SIM card. Contact your carrier and have them send you a replacement. If their SIM card isn't detected by your phone however, perhaps the SIM card slot in your phone needs to be look at and serviced.

-- Also conversely, if your SIM card is detected by their phone, that would confirm there could be a problem with your phone, Or if your SIM card is not detected by their phone, that would also confirm the problem is probably the SIM card.

lvt and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

You need to go to Ethio Telecom and get a sim card from them that works

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. lvt

lvt Android Expert

If you buy the card in a physical store, always bring the phone with you to make sure that the card works properly.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

LG X Style Forum

The LG X Style release date was September 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 210 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2016
Release Date
Reviews