1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

my phone number in settings

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    My 'new' Samsung galaxy s4 with ee arrived today. I can make calls, get emails but cannot receive calls and texts. On checking the status in settings the phone is showing a different number than mine. I've tried ringing it but unobtainable. EE customer service tell me ism can take 24 or 72 hours to activate even though their website says it is all done when you get the phone. Is this normal-will my phone number change in settings when and if sim ever activates properly

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    It may, it depends on what the problem is (which may or may not be what they're telling you). If there's a local brick and mortar store, bring it in and tell them that you want it on the record that the problem occurred out of the box - so you can get a replacement phone if it doesn't fix itself.

If not, call them, ask to speak to a level 2 supervisor and ask for the same thing - a record that there was a problem out of the box.

If things clear up in a day or two, no problem, but if not you have it on record that the phone was bad to start with.

I wouldn't put up with it for more than 72 hours. You're paying for time during which you can't receive calls.

(If you're curious, call your home phone, or another phone with caller ID and see what number the call is coming from. Then call that number.)

scary alien likes this.