• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Phone Randomly Erases Pictures and Videos,then occasionally recovers them?

kelg24

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
Last month my Android phone (Droid Incredible to be specific) erased some pictures and videos that I had taken (not downloaded,the downloaded ones were all there!) and they were gone for a week then out of the blue they came back on my phone..alright cool.

Well today my most current pictures were randomly erased again and I don't know where to find them. This time I'm especially upset because I have many "precious" pictures and videos from a game I went to last night and now they are all gone:(( The worst part is that I was just about to back them up (I hadn't done anything then) before I went to my camera gallery and realized that they were missing.

Is there any way I can get them back soon? The only hope I have right now is that they may randomly re-appear a week later like last time.

I have noticed this happening to me on my Desire Z once in a while. I think the issue is with the picture viewer. When I had this issue the last time, I downloaded a different picture viewer app called QuickPic. Pictures that do not appear on my HTC picture viewer do appear in QuickPic. I have since only used QuickPic instead of the default picture viewer.

Reactions: kelg24
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones