• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Phone Says it update time

Hello,

I'm currently on Rogers in Canada and my phone is at 2.1 update1. I added the dual touch when that fix first came out. Of course I have it rooted, Busybox and Xrecovery installed. I was going to try a custom 2.2 Rom but then when word came out that Sony was going to release a 2.3 for the phone I decided to sit tight till that came along. For that reason I haven't been keeping up with phone things as much. Today I got a message on my phone saying that there is a software upgrade available for it via PCcompanion. I'm assuming that it is not 2.3 as I don't think it's been long enough yet however I'm wondering what the upgrade is? Could it be 2.1 part 2? It's been so long since I got the first 2.1 I forget what the second part of the update was supposed to do. Whatever it is I'm assuming that after the update I'll have to re-root and install busy and Xrec. If anyone has any idea what this update might be I would appreciate your input. If it does offer some improvements I wouldn't mind doing it even if I have to re-root, but if it's only minor stuff I'll probably wait till 2.3 comes along as I'm pretty happy with my phone right now.
Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones