• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my phone shows that its charging but not actually charging

supercho

Lurker
Apr 8, 2012
when i plug the charger in, my phone (samsung vibrant) shows me that its charging because it has that little charge symbol but the battery is not going up at all. whats wrong with it?

so the phone recognize that it's receiving charge but something is blocking/broke that comes after the charger port.

does anyone know what this mean?

thanks.

i found out that it will only charge if i connect it to a computer instead of the wall. then i thought that the wall charger connection was bad so i bought another (because i need two, one for each phone) usb to micro usb cable and then try charging it......no charge.

so for now it will only charge if i use that one particular usb to micro usb cable AND plug that to a computer. i have already tried the wall to usb adapter. it doesn't charge using the cable that charge it plugged to a computer. so what is broken here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones