• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My phone stopped charging??

Jan 28, 2012
I phone stopped charging. Last night it wouldn't charge around 60 percent no matter what cable I used. Plug in and charge for 2 seconds. And then lightning symbol on battery widget went off. When I got the 15 percent warning it started charging and went to 100%. Or i f I turn it off it cahrges with the green light big battery symbol. But today it started the same thing. Went down to 35 percent and it started charging again. Something is wrong.

I phone stopped charging. Last night it wouldn't charge around 60 percent no matter what cable I used. Plug in and charge for 2 seconds. And then lightning symbol on battery widget went off. When I got the 15 percent warning it started charging and went to 100%. Or i f I turn it off it cahrges with the green light big battery symbol. But today it started the same thing. Went down to 35 percent and it started charging again. Something is wrong.
Hi,
The battery may be overheating. Try Battery Widget by Elvison to monitor temperature. Try using USB2 (computer) to charge at a lower current (& temperature). Were you using your phone a lot (games)? That will raise the battery temperature. I had a battery with a flaky temperature sensor that caused a similar problem when I was using the phone alot and then tried to charge with the high current OEM charger.

Reactions: Russ71
Upvote 0
my phone wont charge either, i tried getting a new charger, and going to a different outlet to see if maybe it was the outlet not working, i even plugged it into my computer, but nothing, no icon that says its charging, nothing, so it has to be the phone right? please someone how do i fix it??? i could get a new phone but theres so much on this phone that i don't want to lose...

Upvote 0
my phone wont charge either, i tried getting a new charger, and going to a different outlet to see if maybe it was the outlet not working, i even plugged it into my computer, but nothing, no icon that says its charging, nothing, so it has to be the phone right? please someone how do i fix it??? i could get a new phone but theres so much on this phone that i don't want to lose...
Use CWM to make a backup file & transfer it to your PC. When you get the new phone use it to restore your new phone. Assuming your USB works.

Upvote 0
I have a Alcatel 4030a currently running a cyanogen mod10 ROM. Everything was running smooth until 2 days ago the battery wouldn't charge pass a certen lv(66%), even if I power off the phone and leave it to charge overnight. The next morning it still at 66% , can u guys help me. I Dont know if its the ROM or the charger port. Give me some possible reasons for this please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones