1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My phone stopped ringing.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Sandra Lee Kleinschmit, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Sandra Lee Kleinschmit

Hi, my Poblano VLE5 Hot Pepper phone has just stopped ringing about two weeks go. The calls go through,but I never hear them and only know someone called if I check my phone all the time.
    I checked to see if I had the ringer turned on,and yes,there's a ring sound. However,I dont hear it either when I click it to listen to it.
    I got this replacement phone when my other one died about 6 months ago,so it should be working fine. Does anyone know where I might check on my phone other than where the ring sounds are on settings? I may have changed something I dont know about.
    Please help,if you can.
    Thank you,
    Sandy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hi Sandy, welcome to Android Forums. You might check your notification settings. Often there is a slider to set the volume for the different notifications and perhaps your ringtone is turned all the way down or muted.

dontpanicbobby and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Also check your settings for silent mode being on or off, or do not disturb...

#3 Dannydet, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Deleted User, ocnbrze and olbriar like this.
  4. sctraffic

sctraffic Newbie

You should be checking your phone volume setting. If this problem not solves then you can check the mobile mechanic or service center.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Does your flash well; flash, when calls are coming in?

6. Sandra Lee Kleinschmit

Hi everyone!!
    Thank you so much for the help. Sctraffic got it right! It was so simple that I feel like an idiot. XD
    I found the volume settings and POOF! It works now.
    You guys were all so very helpful.
    Much appreciated. :}

7. olbriar

olbriar  

Super glad it was easily fixed. And kind of you to let us know. I hope you have no more problems but enjoy the forums and their information.

ocnbrze and dontpanicbobby like this.
  8. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Welcome to the AF, Sandra Lee, we are here any time just to talk off topic, and about everything else in between :)

ocnbrze likes this.