• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Phone will not boot up

Lastnight before I went to bed I was listening to Google Play Music and after a few songs it stopped playing. My phone was being unresponsive so I force restarted it. Since then it has not been able to boot up. The farthest it goes is to the pusling atom thing.

I tried formatting the cache and that did not fix my problem. Is there anything else I can do to fix it without having to do a factory restore?

I also downloaded Matts Recovery Utility, if I run the utility "with no data wipe" will it patch my android software so it will fix whatever corrupt file I have on it without deleting all of my stuff on my phone?

I have Droid Razzr Maxx, unrooted, and running Jelly bean 4.1.2. Thanks in advance for the help.

I am not sure if you can fix it without doing a factory data reset, I have used Matt's utility before and it has always done well for me. Have you had any luck yet? Are you apprehensive about losing apps? If you do any sort of re-flashing the EXTERNAL sd card should not be touched. I know if you do a factory data reset the INTERNAL sd card should not be touched. I believe Matt's utility re-flashes the phone so that may very well include the internal sd card. I am not one hundred percent sure however.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones