1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My phone will not start..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by D.butterfly, Jul 14, 2011.

1. D.butterfly

D.butterfly Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Be assured I already looked through this whole forum, and no one else is having the same problem.

My phone will not power up at all. When I plug it in the charger the empty battery icon appears with the "time wheel" however the wheel never moves. It pretty much just freezes. If I try to turn the phone on it won't go past the Samsung www.samsungmobile.com screen.

I have tried the volume down + power button, I've tried the volume up + power, and the r + power and the same thing happens over and over again. I've also taken out the battery and everything. I don't know what else to do. I tried to do the odin thing, but I can't even get my phone into download mode. Is there anything else I can try at home?

BTW I have metropcs and I have never rooted my phone.

Advertisement

2. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    Return it, and get a new one at the store.
    Unless you have important stuff on the actual phone's memory...
    'Cause if you do have stuff that's important to you, but it's on the SD card, you can just take it out.

I'm saying take it to a store because if you haven't rooted your phone yet, dealing with fixing your non-starting issue may require a lot of research/expertise. (i.e more than just what's required to actually root a phone...)
    Seeing as you are a fully warranted customer, I suggest you save yourself the headache and get a new one instead.

Good luck

3. D.butterfly

D.butterfly Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    I figured as much. I'm just worried they won't give me a new phone because I cracked my screen a while back. I didn't get it fixed immediately because the touch screen still worked perfect, and it worked good for anti theft. But I will try my luck tomorrow!

4. inneractive07

inneractive07 Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    I have the exact same problem. I talked to live chat support on samsung's site, seems it's a software problem. Did you find a solution? or did you have to get the phone replaced? (that's my last option)