• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My phone won't boot, stop on HTC logo :(

nndd2222

Lurker
Nov 29, 2013
I hope someone can help me with this, my phone won't boot and stock on the HTC logo, I wounder which RUU i need to use for my phone? I have tried "RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_3.13.707.4_R_Radio_12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M.exe" but it won't work.

C:\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.00.0029
INFOversion-baseband: 26.14.04.28_M
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0438
INFOversion-main: 3.13.0.0
INFOserialno: HT0B5RXXXXXX
INFOimei: 35266804XXXXXX
INFOproduct: ace
INFOplatform: HBOOT-7230
INFOmodelid: PD9810000
INFOcidnum: HTC__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4204mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: fcef1579
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
INFOregion-id: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.017s

Any help please?
My phone"HTC Desire HD"

how did your phone come to be in this condition? it could be you just need a simple boot image flash to get you going.

if you need to run an ruu,youll need to do this:
-unlock the bootloader and install recovery(use this guide: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-how-unlock-install-recovery-root-htcdev.html)
--download the "set main version low" zipfile from this post
-flash set main version low in recovery
-download correct ruu(this one: 3.12.405.1.exe or 3.12.405.1.zip)
-lock bootloader with
fastboot oem lock
-run the ruu by starting the .exe with the phone in fastboot,or flashing the zip from the sd card,or flashing the zip from fastboot/ruu mode(i can provide directions if needed)

holler if you need any clarifiations :)

the htcdev unlock and recovery flash is done in fastboot,so it wont matter that you dont have usb debug enabled. youll just need to start each section at the fastboot device command,skipping the commands that are adb xxx

Upvote 0
how did your phone come to be in this condition? it could be you just need a simple boot image flash to get you going.

if you need to run an ruu,youll need to do this:
-unlock the bootloader and install recovery(use this guide: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-how-unlock-install-recovery-root-htcdev.html)
--download the "set main version low" zipfile from this post
-flash set main version low in recovery
-download correct ruu(this one: 3.12.405.1.exe or 3.12.405.1.zip)
-lock bootloader with
fastboot oem lock
-run the ruu by starting the .exe with the phone in fastboot,or flashing the zip from the sd card,or flashing the zip from fastboot/ruu mode(i can provide directions if needed)

holler if you need any clarifiations :)

the htcdev unlock and recovery flash is done in fastboot,so it wont matter that you dont have usb debug enabled. youll just need to start each section at the fastboot device command,skipping the commands that are adb xxx
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Everything run smooth until the step of flashing the ruu file i spend a lot of time trying to flash the ruu from sd card with no luck, until i figured out that my sd card was using fat system not fat32.

Thank you again you are the best.
I will help you for ur Device fund as you deserve it.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones