• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone wont charge turn on or hard reset.

I fell asleep before I charged my phone one night. When I woke up it was off. But it wouldn't turn on. So i plugged it in and it wouldn't charge. Now I have tried to hard reset it many many times which does not work either. It wont respond when i plug it into a computer. It just wont do anything. The logo does not appear when I try to hard reset it. It just does nothing. Is there anything I can do to fix this phone? I simply cant afford to buy another phone.

So you have a backup battery and you charged it using the same phone, and now neither of them could start the phone, right?
So you have a backup battery and you charged it using the same phone, and now neither of them could start the phone, right?
Yeah. Nothing is working. I cant even get a percentage on the phone. I have 2 of the same phone. I got the new one not even 3 weeks ago.

Upvote 0
Sometimes a phone will get stuck shutting down and appear dead. Even a battery pull doesn't fix it if there's sufficient charge on the internal capacitor/battery. Try pressing and holding the power button for up to a minute, or until the screen "flickers".

If it truly is a failed hardware, then probably there is no user fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones