1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My phone wont charge turn on or hard reset.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kevin Yarrow, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Kevin Yarrow

Kevin Yarrow Lurker

I fell asleep before I charged my phone one night. When I woke up it was off. But it wouldn't turn on. So i plugged it in and it wouldn't charge. Now I have tried to hard reset it many many times which does not work either. It wont respond when i plug it into a computer. It just wont do anything. The logo does not appear when I try to hard reset it. It just does nothing. Is there anything I can do to fix this phone? I simply cant afford to buy another phone.

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Remove the battery.

Put it back and plug the charger in to see.

3. Kevin Yarrow

Kevin Yarrow Lurker

Ive done that multiple of times. Its pretty much a brick. Nothing works. Ive even tried a different battery that was fully charged.

4. lvt

lvt Android Expert

So you have a backup battery and you charged it using the same phone, and now neither of them could start the phone, right?

5. Kevin Yarrow

Kevin Yarrow Lurker

Yeah. Nothing is working. I cant even get a percentage on the phone. I have 2 of the same phone. I got the new one not even 3 weeks ago.

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Sounds like a hardware failure then

Jfalls63 likes this.
  7. Kevin Yarrow

Kevin Yarrow Lurker

Is there anyway I might be able to fix it myself?

8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Sometimes a phone will get stuck shutting down and appear dead. Even a battery pull doesn't fix it if there's sufficient charge on the internal capacitor/battery. Try pressing and holding the power button for up to a minute, or until the screen "flickers".

If it truly is a failed hardware, then probably there is no user fix.

Dannydet, Hadron and Jfalls63 like this.

LG Aristo 2 Forum

The LG Aristo 2 release date was January 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 425 processor, and 2410mAh battery.

January 2018
Release Date
Reviews