• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone won't let me text at least two or three people in particular

I have been experiencing problems lately with my phone - whenever I text a new number, it works fine for a few weeks, but then the texts do not go through on the other end.

My phone number is not blocked, because some time recently I talked to the one of the other people, in person, about it.

They can send texts to me and I receive them fine. But when I hit send, it sends as if it sent just fine and no error message shows up, it sends smoothly, but it doesn't go through to the others. This happens about half the time whenever I text new people - things work fine for a few weeks, then my messages don't go through but I can get their messages just fine and I'm not blocked. So far at least 2-3 people (or more) that I text, I have this problem with.

Is this an issue that will fix itself? It's been going on for more than 6 months. Again, my number isn't blocked.

I have tried clearing my phone memory, deleting and re-adding them as contacts, deleting texting threads and re-texting, factory resetting my phone, and even bought a new phone of the same type. The same thing is happening, and it's been occurring with one person I used to text, for as long as 10 or 11 months so far.

My phone is a Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise if that makes any difference in the matter.

The recipients wouldn't happen to be iPhone users, would they? Problems with iPhone texts to/from non-iphone users are documented far and wide all over the web.

I forgot to mention: It does not happen with all of my texting recipients but it happens to about 50 percent of them. The other half I can text just fine.
I'd say that some of them may use iPhones but most of them use a phone in a higher level than the one I use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones