1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My phone wont turn on or do anything

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by notdino, Jun 8, 2020.

1. notdino

notdino Lurker

Hi i have a HTC DESIRE 310 single sim card and i have a problem when i put it on its official charger it doesnt show any signs that its charging doesnt vibrate make a sound etc i tried diffrent chargers but those didnt work either i tried volume up and down method still nothing when i checked the battery it was inputing voltage and outputing voltage my pc recognises the phone but it still doesnt turn on or make a vibrate sound

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

your phone is well over 6 years old. that is pretty old as far as cell phones go. have you tried changing the battery?

MrJavi, notdino and puppykickr like this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

The "volume up/volume down" method you mention ... is that to boot into recovery? or force a reboot? Have you tried just holding down the power button for 20 or 30 seconds?

MrJavi likes this.
  4. notdino

notdino Lurker

Yes I tried but didnt work

5. notdino

notdino Lurker

Yes its old but it was barrely even used

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

does not matter, the battery will slowly degrade over time regardless of use. i would look into getting a new battery and see if that helps.

7. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

try pulling the battery, hold power button down foor 20 seconds , insert battery and back cover, plug it in to usb charger and try powering on the device. If that doesn't work and your positive its not a a bad lithium-ion battery gone bad, then its probably not worth fixing.
    Also check your usb phone port for dirt and if necessary clean it.

PS: If its the original battery that came with the phone, I'll bet thats at least one or paet of the issues your experiencing. I have a 6yr old Note 4 as my daily driver and I've replaced the battery several times of the years. If it turns out to just be a replacement battery then you might consider an inexpensive one like the one below. At least it's not a big financial risk but I could not vouch for the reliability or longevity.
    Good luck and welcome to Android Forums @notdino :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000mAh-BO...420441?hash=item3d8c929019:g:IBgAAOSwXwtc-Lt7

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

#8 steiny180, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    ocnbrze likes this.
  9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

May I ask if the issue is getting the phone working to get important data off of it, or just to have a working phone? If the former, we can try and help you with that, but if it's just a working phone, frankly the Desire 310 is not worth the effort. I doubt it's value is more than $10 US. There a plenty of places to get a budget phone ($100 or less) that will run rings around the 310.

ocnbrze likes this.