• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Pixel My Thoughts ...

I just freaking love this phone. it's almost 3 CST it's been off the charger for 9 hours and I have 71% battery left and as far as I can tell looking at battery stats it's only dropped connection to WiFi once since I have been at work and that may have been when I went out to my car. The parking lot is sketchy on coverage. So maybe the recent update to the Google app or something else has either fixed that bug or at least made it better.

Just more love for the Pixel. That is all.
main-qimg-5bc704b924cebfe6e3a7162887b9aa3f.png

Upvote 0
OK. I think I can say with 100% accuracy that my Pixel is now at 100% optimal functionality. With the May Security Update my one lone "issue" (the occasional WiFi drops) have ceased. So it's operating perfectly. Still amazing, still the best I have ever dealt with. I am truly amazed at this point that yet again I have gotten the needle in a haystack perfectly functional phone among all the ones with issues. "Knock on wood" hopefully my luck holds. I am planning on getting the Pixel XL 2 with pre-order once available. I assume the PXL2 is going to be something extraordinary.

Upvote 0
I am endlessly surprised and amazed by the camera on this phone. Not just (JUST) the quality of the pictures but the "gadget" stuff as well. The panorama function, the "gif" function, the "stylized" photos are always a nice surprise from Google. I am also digging the unlimited picture storage on Google photos. Starting to get excited by the leaks that are coming out about the Pixel V2, really looking forward to it's unveiling.

Upvote 0
I love stock Android and I've had my trusty Nexus 5 since 2014, but feel like it's time to get a newer device. The Nexus 5X was my first choice, but the bootloop and non-transferable LG warranty put me off, as I don't want to end up with an expensive doorstop.

So after a lot of research, my shortlist was the Google Pixel and OnePlus 3T and the 3T won me over, with its bigger battery and storage, in comparison to the Pixel and its prices, and its close to stock Android.

For me, the Nexus 5 is the perfect size, so the 3T is going to take some getting used to with one-handed use and carrying it in pockets compared to my Nexus 5 experience.

If I don't get on with the 3T, I'll sell it on and wait for a Pixel (not XL) at the right price. I have a strong urge to want to own and live with the Pixel for everyday use, but wish they had put at least a 3,000 mAh battery in it.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I've been reading this thread. I just got my phone. I've got a couple of q's.

What do your charging habits look like? Do you charge it to 100%? Overnight?

Also, do you have any tips to extend the battery life other than stuff like here in this article?
http://phandroid.com/improve-battery-life/

Sorry it took so long for me to respond to this, just saw it today. :oops:

I have found that using the "turbo/quick" charge judiciously is best practice. I charge my phone nightly (overnight) on my old standard charger I have leftover from my Motorola Atrix. I do quick charge occasionally, just rarely and only when I need to. Like on a Friday after work to juice her up for a long night out, or whatever. Generally I get a full days use + out of it so I rarely need to juice it up. I did this with my Nexus 6 and 2+ years later, battery is still healthy and I can still get over a days use out of it.

I love stock Android and I've had my trusty Nexus 5 since 2014, but feel like it's time to get a newer device. The Nexus 5X was my first choice, but the bootloop and non-transferable LG warranty put me off, as I don't want to end up with an expensive doorstop.

So after a lot of research, my shortlist was the Google Pixel and OnePlus 3T and the 3T won me over, with its bigger battery and storage, in comparison to the Pixel and its prices, and its close to stock Android.

For me, the Nexus 5 is the perfect size, so the 3T is going to take some getting used to with one-handed use and carrying it in pockets compared to my Nexus 5 experience.

If I don't get on with the 3T, I'll sell it on and wait for a Pixel (not XL) at the right price. I have a strong urge to want to own and live with the Pixel for everyday use, but wish they had put at least a 3,000 mAh battery in it.

I have the small Pixel, I have not had one day where I was stressed about battery life. That's coming from the N6 which had a 3220 mAh battery. With the 5 inch screen and the optimization I get 30+ hours per charge. (I am not a power user but I do use my phone) I am on WiFi most of my days, I know that helps. But I am still impressed with this phone.

I bought the One Plus One to check it out when it hit, I was not impressed with it vs my N6 and re-sold it in less than a week. I am not a fan of their stuff. But if you like it awesome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones