• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my poor desire.

deanshep85

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2010
UK
Well after having my little desire now since October of 2010 I think it might be time to pick up a new phone..as the battery is getting tired an worn out and I have dreadful screen burn as well top AND bottom of the screen...though top is worse much worse, I think its time to recycle and pick a new one. Was just thinking of early upgrade on three and going for a galaxy s2 as I doubt they will let me have an s3 on my package I have no without some great cost to me sadly..

Oh and. Side note...the desire C if it happens, looks dreadful....why put the desire name on a budget phone? That ma me and probably other older desire owners sad :'(

Ah well eh..

yea, a quick google search actually brings up quite a few hits, especially with Desire's...

damn shame, but it doesn't bug me too much, im a couple months from upgrade and I use my ICS tablet now mostly for gaming...so the phone is mostly used now, as a phone again...with a little bit of net use and financial apps

Upvote 0
Amoled can burn but lcd should be much less likely

I think mine is of the Amoled variety...thats the one that has the deepest blacks right? like if I have a black wallpaper its like truly black with no light showing round the edges like backlight right?

though saying all this, when I got my phone back in 2010 it was a reconditioned unit then anyway, so it could of been a couple months old at that point regardless, I dunno...

hell it STILL does the job now...and is scores higher than the new "Desire" they have out now....thats basically a wildfire S running ICS lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones