1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root My Quadrant Benchmark

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gtpdjw, Feb 18, 2011.

1. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Android Enthusiast

So I downloaded quadrant and overclocked my phone to 1250 and this what it did can this be right?[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. faber78

faber78 Guest

sounds about right compared to what i get
    1450 @ 1150 mhz

3. ABRMess006

ABRMess006 Well-Known Member

I get between 1369 and 1392 on my quadrant, which is on a stock DX. I think that is good enough for me, no need to go that much higher :p

4. Sleek2G

Sleek2G Member

I'm getting about 1530 @ 1.16 overclocked o_0 I guess I shouldnt complain.

5. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

Apex 1.4 OC'ed to 1.25 GHz

[​IMG]

6. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I was getting around this on Liberty 1.5 at 1265 MHz (1.265 GHz).

7. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

o/c'D @ 1.15 (lv)... i am consistanly in the 1600's, but run the stock rom only.

SMS

Attached Files:

8. faber78

faber78 Guest

Seems like I was always ok at medium volt 1.2 but e every once while catch a reboot, so I turned it down. Didn't really need it anyway.

9. ABRMess006

Did I get lucky??? I am on a stock clock running Liberty 1.5...
    [​IMG]

Here is after Droid Overclock Low Voltage, 1.2GHz

[​IMG]

10. Wally World

Wally World Android Expert

Stock I get about 1450, overclocked with quickclock it went down to 1200 or so??

11. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

Most importantly, how does the device function? To me thats most important....

12. Idunno

Idunno Android Enthusiast

My friends DX got 2000+ the other day, repeatedly. I'm going to see if he can send me the screenshots. Its running liberty 1.5, slimmed down, OC'd at 1.25 ghz, no a2sd.

13. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Stagefright enabled means ~2400 scores at 1GHz stock. Too bad it breaks video ;)

14. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

Mine runs stable at 1.450 GHz but the battery doesn't last as long as I'd like and I really don't notice any performance gain over 1.25 GHz. Here's a shot from October when I was running it at 1.45 GHz.

[​IMG]

15. faber78

faber78 Guest

man, i get a reboot quick at 1.45

16. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

Nice dyno chart... never have hit 1700.. max batt is 3 days 12hrs... minimal use tho...

17. Idunno

Idunno Android Enthusiast

Strange, stagefright is/was disabled when he was getting the 2200's. Still pestering him for ss.

18. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Android Enthusiast

I ran it again at 1400 and got this wow the Droid X is so much faster than my Droid 1​
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. SnowBose

SnowBose Newbie

Apex 1.4 OC'ed to 1.25 GHz
    [​IMG]

20. ABRMess006

Was hitting this constantly on my ApeX 1.4.1 OC'd HV 1.35GHz, gonna check stability over the next couple of days. Seems to be good so far and staying cool with no lock ups. Just wondering how Liberty would run at same clock, since it seems to be faster than ApeX :p

[​IMG]

21. mac16

mac16 Well-Known Member

I personally didnt see any real increase or decrease switching from apex and liberty with the same clock speeds.

I gave up on using Quadrant to gauge anything. Sometimes I would get 1500 sometimes 1700 with it set a 1.25ghz MV. Also if you run the phone for a while then run quadrant the scores will go up, if you run it from when the phone is cold the score will usually be pretty low.

I think the most important thing is to watch how smooth the videos (except the moon) look on the device. For some reason the first video and the one of the moon look terrible, but going down the hallway and the double helix look really smooth on my device.

What is strange is I have seen other devices look choppy and yet get better scores??

22. masse

masse Well-Known Member

those who have said quadrant is not an accurate performance gauge are correct. Don't read into it too hard. It's really only good for testing different overclock settings on the same rom (as a stress test sort of thing).

23. ABRMess006

Very true, I kind of got that vibe when my gf's Vibrant was running all of the 3D scenes at 60 fps constantly and the cpu and mem tests ran almost as fast as mine but yet she got a 800 score lol

Anyway, hate to throw this in a random direction but since I already have a screenshot up, anyone know how to get rid of that sync icon on my notification bar? I have tried turning off sync and everything, can't seem to get rid of it, it was up there right after I put ApeX 1.4.1 up...

24. dgdave

dgdave Well-Known Member

Is that lookout? If so, go into it's settings, then notification, and disable the constant notifier.