1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My rabbit chewed up my charger and now my phone isn't turning on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeningrad, Sep 7, 2011.

  1. jeningrad

    jeningrad Lurker
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    2
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2011

    Sep 7, 2011
    2
    0
    5
    So I'm an idiot and left my charger hanging on the ground while my Droid Incredible was plugged in. My pet bunny chewed up the wire, and I only just now noticed my phone isn't turning on anymore. Is it safe to assume that it short-circuited the phone or something? Thanks in advance.
     

    Advertisement

  2. Intruder

    Intruder Android Enthusiast
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    58
    Posts:
    345
    Joined:
    May 26, 2010

    May 26, 2010
    345
    16
    58
    Bradford UK
    Could the battery not be flat, tried another lead?
     
  3. euph_22

    euph_22 Android Expert
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    213
    Posts:
    2,634
    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010

    Feb 24, 2010
    2,634
    595
    213
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    That is incredible unlikely. Long story short, if you damage the cord, you'll get less (or no) current at the end not more. You're phone probably just has a dead battery. If you have a car charger, see if you can use that to charge the phone enough to start (if it's really dead it might take some charge before it will turn on). Or if you have another microusb charger you can use that, anything that has the same plug should/will work.
     
  4. indybail

    indybail Well-Known Member
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    58
    Posts:
    139
    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2011

    I agree. I would be surprised if the phone is damaged. Even if I am wrong whatever happened would be limited to just the battery. Your first step should be to try another charger.
     
  5. atoz350

    atoz350 Lurker
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    9
    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2010

    Jan 5, 2010
    9
    0
    5
    Is the bunny okay?
     
  6. jeningrad

    jeningrad Lurker
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    2
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2011

    Sep 7, 2011
    2
    0
    5
    My bunny is definitely okay, thanks for asking haha. It's like he has 50 lives.

    I plugged my phone into my car charger this morning and left it plugged on my way to work, about 20 minutes. Still dead. My next move will probably be finding another Incredible battery and seeing if that'll revive it. My upgrade doesn't come until January which isn't long enough to get a new phone and long enough to suck balls.
     
  7. markbunch

    markbunch Lurker
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    2
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012

    Jan 20, 2012
    2
    0
    5
    Ok I fell asleep while the charger cord for my 2 day old droid bionic had the cable plugged into the phone with the other end hanging loose woke up at 330am and my pet bunny had chewed the cord 3-4 different spots with the last spot completley severing it....the phone works fine....so yes the bunny still has a home...But I am a bit worried about the phone and any damage that might have happened
     
  8. markbunch

    markbunch Lurker
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    2
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012

    Jan 20, 2012
    2
    0
    5
    Ok I fell asleep while the charger cord for my 2 day old droid bionic had the cable plugged into the phone with the other end hanging loose woke up at 330am and my pet bunny had chewed the cord 3-4 different spots with the last spot completley severing it....the phone works fine....so yes the bunny still has a home...But I am a bit worried about the phone and any damage that might have happened Soooooo....How did your battery replacement strategy work out were you able to fix the phonehttp://www.androidforums.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
     

Share This Page

Loading...