• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root my radio signal sucks

to see your true signal strength go into settings and about phone, and then status. The lower the dBm the greater the signal strength. About -65 is perfect signal

Hi,
I have a tower near my house and when standing near it I have seen the signal go to as low as 45 db :) but you are correct I notice no significant increase in speed from 65 to 45 db only think less power would be used by the phone.
Thanks,
Bryan

Upvote 0
most manufactures or wireless co will tell you if your getting -80 to -85 then your getting normal signal now does that mean much or say they know what their talking about NO! From what i gather i normally sit about there myself and get good signal and downlaod and upload speeds, but yes the lower the number the better off you are. i did have a issue awhile back with bad signal and had called VZW and they put a ticket out to have someone look at the towers in my area and there was a issue with antenna in that tower so might check with VZW and see whats going on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones