1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

my radio signal sucks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sentinelace, Sep 6, 2011.

1. sentinelace

sentinelace Well-Known Member

I have mr2 third. I cannot seem to find a radio that gives me more than 2 bars. What gives?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

What rom are you running?

3. sentinelace

It does this on liquid and Cm7. Runs fine on BASF and cubed but I have a different radio for those roms. (stock I think)

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

It is a reporting issue with AOSP roms but you shouldn't notice a performance difference

5. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

yes... ignore the bars. they lie.

look in settings/about phone and check your signal strength there... you should find the db number to be consistent across roms that show more bars ;)

trapperjohn likes this.
  6. sentinelace

are they working on a fix? also how do I get my nice favorites back? I had number in there I could push :)

7. shaddyyy

shaddyyy Well-Known Member

to see your true signal strength go into settings and about phone, and then status. The lower the dBm the greater the signal strength. About -65 is perfect signal

trapperjohn likes this.
  8. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

In CM settings you can change your signal icons so its shows the dBm instead of the bars

ssddyakno and trapperjohn like this.
  9. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a tower near my house and when standing near it I have seen the signal go to as low as 45 db :) but you are correct I notice no significant increase in speed from 65 to 45 db only think less power would be used by the phone.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

10. trapperjohn

Which is so awesome I use to have to use an app to get db in the status bar!
    Thanks,
    Bryan

11. sentinelace

Where? I don't see that option in CM settings.

12. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

CM settings>interface>status bar tweaks>alternate signal display

trapperjohn likes this.
  13. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member

Just one more reason to love CM7, and Android in general.

14. trapperjohn

Definitely and of course the ability to root :)
    Bryan

15. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast

most manufactures or wireless co will tell you if your getting -80 to -85 then your getting normal signal now does that mean much or say they know what their talking about NO! From what i gather i normally sit about there myself and get good signal and downlaod and upload speeds, but yes the lower the number the better off you are. i did have a issue awhile back with bad signal and had called VZW and they put a ticket out to have someone look at the towers in my area and there was a issue with antenna in that tower so might check with VZW and see whats going on

16. trapperjohn

Hi,
    What radio version number is the latest that has been officially released by verizon?

Thanks,
    Bryan

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews