1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General My Razr I, first impresions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rzozaya1969, Jan 28, 2013.

1. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    I've had my Razr I for about 3 weeks or so and I'm very pleased by it.

I came from a Samsung Galaxy Ace, which was a very good unit for the price. I got the Razr I for about 30 bucks or so because of the plan I got and some points, so that is a very good bonus :)

I like the unit size overall, it's very compact for the screensize. About the aluminium and kevlar body, I have mixed feelings. It looks and feel pretty sturdy, but it's a little more slippery than the Ace, which was plastic and the rear had a rugged finish which made it easier to hold one hand.

The screen size, resolution and color are pretty good, and while higher dpi would be a nice to have, I really don't see a need for more.

The stock launcher is, although close to what I think is the ICS standar, I don't like it that much. I don't like how sliding the desktop to one side brings the configuration (and that I need to do that to get to the configuration), and to add a screen I need to slide to the right. I also don't like that I need to go to the app drawer to add a widget, and sometimes some widgets doesn't appear on the drawer!

However, I fixed that by trying first Nova launcher (I liked it) and then Apex Launcher, which I prefered overall, although there is not many differences between both for what I wanted.

I also added Power Toggles, which brings the togges to the notification bar, and also, it's editable, which is very nifty :)

The stock keyboards (Motorola and Swype) are good, but I found I prefered Touchpal Keyboard. Not much difference, but I liked it better.

Advertisement

2. rzozaya1969

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    FWIW, just adding a screenshot of my desktop...

Attached Files:

3. MADDSNIPER

MADDSNIPER Member

Jul 18, 2011
    i changed the launcher myself to go launcher and never looked back

4. rzozaya1969

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    Thanks, I've tried that launcher before, and just retested, I feel that Apex is a little smoother, although Go Launcher has some very nice stuff. I liked the way Go Launcher displays the folder content, and it has more visual stuff.

5. Irish_Shea

Irish_Shea Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Male
    Waterford, Ireland
    Your overall review is basically the same as my own, same likes and dislikes xD

I like your home screen, far shexier than what I've put together ;o