1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Rezound has pink buttons.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NickBaragona, Dec 22, 2011.

1. NickBaragona

NickBaragona Well-Known Member

I just got back from Verizon, returned my original Rezound because of issues with the home button not working. Well I just realized my buttons are pink, instead of red. Has anybody else had this issue? I would hate to exchange it once again for such a trivial issue. Not only that, but over time the red may fade to pink anyways...

secretLOVER and GalaxyNexus like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member

I think they are all that way, some people just have a different idea of what red or pink is. I would say mine are halfway between the two.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. NickBaragona

The Rezound I just returned was red, def a big difference.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. skater57

skater57 Well-Known Member

Red+white=pink not htc's best idea

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  5. jayochs

jayochs Android Enthusiast

yeah, it's not how people percieve colors at all lmao....not even close man.

mines red, with a small pinkish tint to it, but mostly red. i've sold blatantly pink buttons that i couldn't even believe were THAT PINK, that's how bad it was. most of mine had that, too. it's a problem i've reported to HTC, and acutally received a call back about, and they reported it to their higher ups to fix the next revision of the phone. oh well.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  6. olbriar

olbriar  

There was an early thread on the red/pink buttons. Mine are quite red btw. I think the consensus of the crowd was it was either a different brightness of the LEDs or their distance from the actual buttons varied. I don't know if it was ever settled.

7. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

Mine are red. I have a feeling this along with reports of sound issues were in respect to the first wave of rezounds, mine hasn't had any of the problems people reported at launch.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  8. NickBaragona

Is there a way to force the lights to come on? I will need to show the Verizon representatives that I have pink buttons to return it lol.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  9. jayochs

hold your hand over the ear piece area, that will trigger the sensor to think it's dark and will turn them on

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  10. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  11. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

Just a thought, If your phone works perfectly in every other respect does the color really bother you? My phone has hot pink but I got used to it. I am always afraid that a replacement may not be as great as my present phone. And my present phone works great.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  12. NickBaragona

Might sound a little strange, but the interior of my car is red and black, and I liked how the Rezound matched it.

pragmatous and GalaxyNexus like this.
  13. NickBaragona

Just got back from Verizon, the representative tried telling me there would be a $35 fee to exchange it. Once I said that was fine, he said I couldn't because the original Rezound which I exchanged was activated two weeks ago exactly. Doesn't add up...not happy about this.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  14. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I say keep the pink buttons and if you get some flack from your friends, especially around the presence of some nice ladies, say loud enough for the ladies in the room to hear that it's a special Susan G Komen edition. That should get you some brownie points.

GalaxyNexus and BlueBiker like this.
  15. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member

I don't know why this misunderstanding has persisted so long... It's really quite simple.

The Rezound actually has an integrated Manliness Detector. It's intent is to tailor the phone automagically to the varying demographics- The buttons are pink for women, and red for men. Unfortunately, no new technology is perfect...

GalaxyNexus and jayochs like this.
  16. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

It's not pink, it's fuchsia dammit! Not sure if that's more manly, but it sounds dirty. :eek:

xfuchsiax and GalaxyNexus like this.
  17. maximus20895

maximus20895 Member

Anyone have any pics of their pink buttons? My middle two, menu and back, are somewhat pink..or well not as red and it also seems they are not as sharp as the home and search button either.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  18. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Why I never! PERVERT! :p I'll forward your request to Brett Favre.....

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  19. jayochs

max, thats waht i found today when going through all the ones at my store to see which to send back bc of pink......a lot had the home/search buttons looking GREAT and red, and the menu/back were pink as hell in the middle. SO WEIRD.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  20. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

Do you have any pix of your _____?

No!

Wanna buy some?

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  21. NickBaragona

I'm still mad they wouldnt let me swap it....should I contact HTC? What if I color over the pink buttons with a red sharpie?

22. maximus20895

maximus20895 Member

Why wouldn't they let you swap it?

23. NickBaragona

Because the original Rezound I purchased and returned due to the home button not working was activated exactly 2 weeks ago tonight. I returned that last night and got this pink one. The guy tried telling me ICS would fix it once it came to the Rezound. He actually thought the phone was supposed to have pink buttons because the one they had on display did.

24. maximus20895

maximus20895 Member

I didn't know you had two weeks to return it. Boo.

25. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

14 days, but it should've fallen under the holiday return policy but maybe that changed when he returned his first one.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews