• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Rezound has pink buttons.

But if I purchased the original two weeks ago today, I figured today would still be in that two week window. Bottom line is I purchased a red phone, not a pink one. If a sharpie won't fix the problem then Verizon or HTC should take care of it. And i am never going to that stupid TCC Verizon store again. Telling me ICS would change the color of the buttons...Wtf.

Upvote 0
I am grateful they allowed me to return the first one. Just kind of annoyed about the representative blowing smoke up my ass. "It was my understanding that HTC would allow you to change the color of the buttons"...

You know once he was in the back room he was all like "I told him that ICS would change the color of the buttons, and he *bought* it! <bwah hah hah>" and got a bunch of high-five's from the other associates... :p

Seriously, I'd go to a different store. Was that one corporate?

Upvote 0
Not sure how these turned out..., pink or not?

P1000404.jpg

Upvote 0
After calling customer service, they agreed to ship me out a replacement phone. I mentioned my phone had a scratch on the screen, and they said if its light damage that's fine. Anything over light damage, and I will be charged $300 for the replacement. Is there anyway to buff out the scratch or make it less noticeable?

Upvote 0
So you can call vzw and they will ship you a new one? I just returnee my nexus for this rezound and the buttons are pink. i should have looked at my phone first. Hopefully vzw will help. Can htc do anything?

They'll probably send you a refurb. Verizon's refurb process is somewhat hellish to say the least. As far as HTC, they can help as well, but they won't send you a replacement phone until they get yours or you put down a deposit in the amount of the phone first.

Upvote 0
So what should I do when I get my refurbished replacement in the mail? Send my original back and hope they don't deem the scratch on the screen as more than light damage? I really don't want to get that $300 fee...

You could have someone at a Verizon store take a look at it first to see if they'd qualify it as excessive wear. What you have to consider is you're sending the phone back because you believe the lights under the buttons are not seated correctly. What they may see when they see the front display damaged, "The damage to the screen caused the lights underneath to get displaced".

Upvote 0
I went in to the corporate store yesterday to have them look at it, and the guy at the front that signs you in was an idiot. I explained to him the situation, and his response was "yes, that is physical damage". I told him that was not what I was asking, I wanted someone to determine whether it was deemed as more than light damage. He then looked at it, nodded, and said "you're all set". I stormed out of there and will never go back. I'm ordering phones online from now on. I never had problems with the service when I purchased the OG Droid, Incredible, Droid X, or Thunderbolt.

Upvote 0
LOL! I just exchanged the nexus for the rezound last night(so happy I did!) and while scoping it out I got caught in a zone thinking...huh these suckers sure look pink! Lol. Wish they were solid red, being black and red are MY colors. Lol. Do you think HTC would send me one with RED buttons? I'm deff not gonna make a fuss out of this; not worth the time and energy running rounds to the verizon store. This phone is kicka**!

Upvote 0
LOL! I just exchanged the nexus for the rezound last night(so happy I did!) and while scoping it out I got caught in a zone thinking...huh these suckers sure look pink! Lol. Wish they were solid red, being black and red are MY colors. Lol. Do you think HTC would send me one with RED buttons? I'm deff not gonna make a fuss out of this; not worth the time and energy running rounds to the verizon store. This phone is kicka**!

You do have to admit, at what point are you less of a man for being so petty (like a woman I mean :p )? I can understand a woman making a fuss about the color being a little off, but it doesn't come across as manly....then again neither do those miller lite commercials.... Maybe everyone that made a big stink about pink buttons needs their mancards revoked?
th_Smiley-hiding-behind-couch.gif

ManCardRevoked%255B1%255D.jpg

Reactions: not2gutta
Upvote 0
For scratched glass, I used a cu-tip and brass polish on my 20+ year old raybans. It didn't remove the scratch but made it much less visible. Try at your own risk!

Telephone CS has Always handled me, in store it sucks. Just be polite and patient and they'll fix you up. I would say there's a problem with the buttons but not say they're pink. Has to be a defect like the lights aren't working correctly or they are too dim it it has a software issue etc. I'm not suggesting to be dishonest but I doubt they would consider pink buttons a defect...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones