• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tigatron

Android Expert
Aug 19, 2012
NE
Hey everybody... I woke up yesterday to go to work and found my S2 powered off... if you try to turn it on it shows splash for a split second and its back off (cant get bootloader or recovery so its fully dead)

Im back on my old zte warp untill i get paid and can get another phone.

Im looking to pick up something that has 4g lte this time as my area is now somewhat covered; BUT i probably cant swing more than $200 for a phone so im looking at the LG Volt as its close in specs to the S3 and bestbuy has them for $150 but not seeing much for reviews yet.

Just wish I knew what happened to my S2 :thinking:

Hey everybody... I woke up yesterday to go to work and found my S2 powered off... if you try to turn it on it shows splash for a split second and its back off (cant get bootloader or recovery so its fully dead)

Im back on my old zte warp untill i get paid and can get another phone.

Im looking to pick up something that has 4g lte this time as my area is now somewhat covered; BUT i probably cant swing more than $200 for a phone so im looking at the LG Volt as its close in specs to the S3 and bestbuy has them for $150 but not seeing much for reviews yet.

Just wish I knew what happened to my S2 :thinking:

Um, OK, this may be too simple, and not too helpful.

I'm actually still using my ZTE Warp 2, still going strong, and in the meantime have rooted and prepared the Galaxy S2, a friend gave me, when she went to Verison.

I've found that the Galaxy, goes from 100% full charge, to, (if I don't check on it) DEAD, in oh I don't know, 2 weeks, maybe 10 day's?

What I found, was a dead battery needing a charge, since it drains down so rapidly. My Nexus 7 will do the same, and then it's freaked me out, to find that also dead, unresponsive.

I'm just offering that, since, it really could be as simple as battery life sometimes.

Upvote 0
I'm curious, what do you mean by dongle?

On the Nexus7, I'd attach a, OTG USB cable, that also has a USB (female end), and than plug in a memory stick, than use "Stick Mount" an app from the play store, to transfer files with ES File explorer, to and from the tablet.

Is that what you mean?

Not a bad idea actually, but I don't think Stick mount works with anything except the Nexux7.

Upvote 0
I'm curious, what do you mean by dongle?

On the Nexus7, I'd attach a, OTG USB cable, that also has a USB (female end), and than plug in a memory stick, than use "Stick Mount" an app from the play store, to transfer files with ES File explorer, to and from the tablet.

Is that what you mean?

Not a bad idea actually, but I don't think Stick mount works with anything except the Nexux7.

Not the same thing. A USB dongle is not a transfer cable. This devise is meant for getting a locked up Samsung device into download mode, and on older ROMs (GB or ICS) would also reset flash count. They can be found on Ebay by looking them up for the Epic 4g touch.

Reactions: DimBulb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones