1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My S3 display turns off while I'm playing games.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by piccolo170, Jan 10, 2013.

1. piccolo170

piccolo170 Lurker

Didn't used to do that on my Nexus One. I have to constantly touch the screen to keep it from shutting off during levels of various games. I could raise the time it takes for the screen to idle, or I could use that eye recognition tool that keeps it from dimming, but I was hoping there was a simpler way to fix this since it's probably not supposed to happen?

2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

Welcome to Android Forums! :hello:

I use Smart stay with my SG3 (eye recognition thingy) and it works great and doesn't cause me any other problems. It's in Settings > Display > Smart stay. I really like Smart rotation as well (just above Smart stay).

3. piccolo170

piccolo170 Lurker

Thanks for the post. I've been using smartstay and it works well enough for the most part, but sometimes when I'm playing certain games my hand covers the camera and then it begins to dim again. Or the other morning I was playing in bed with my head on my pillow with one eye in view of the phone and it kept dimming.

Did they really program this phone to ignore when games are being played and to shut off the display if you're not touching it? Isn't there anything I can do?

4. Masoom25

Masoom25 Newbie

I think prob is with the games not with the phone

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews