1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

my S3 is unable to charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ObsidianLime, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ObsidianLime

ObsidianLime Lurker

This morning I decided to charge my phone and left it for a few hours and when I came back it seem to have stopped some time ago because it was only charged up to 14% so I decided to try and charge it through my laptop.

I never connected my s3 to my laptop before so I expected for it to install the driver I needed by itself like always but the weird thing was when I plugged the s3 USB into the laptop it seemed like it wasn't recognized by the laptop so I check the drivers and found SAMSUNG_ANDROID and CDC driver in Other Drivers so I decided to click update driver and it said that update didn't exist and by this time I also noticed that the phone wasn't charging either.

I thought maybe the USB cord was broken so I decided to try and charge my phone with my sister's charger which was for an older Samsung phone but the charger could still fit in the port in my phone. by this time I decided to turn my phone off and I noticed when I try to charge it I see a a "charging" symbol with a frozen circle that doesn't do anything then turn off after 1-2 seconds.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Have you checked that perhaps there is some dirt/lint etc in the charging port?
    A little air in a can works well, maybe?

3. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

I'd still try a third cable to be safe and yes clean the port out with compressed air. Couldn't hurt to pull the battery and inspect it for leaking or warping. Could just be a bad battery or a bad charging circuit as well.

Mikestony likes this.
  4. ObsidianLime

ObsidianLime Lurker

Thanks for the advide but none of them worked.

I might go to the store this weekend I bought it from the warranty should still cover what ever happened to it since I bought it less than 6 months ago.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews