1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My S3 no longer turns on

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Kgator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Kgator

Kgator Guest
    None
    My company discontinued cell phone service for its employees. They shut down my Verizon service to my S3 Friday. Now phone will not turn on. Get a vibration and no splash screen when pushing power button. Shouldn't I be able to use this phone for games, email, internet if connected to wi-if? Did they do something to brick my phone?

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Sounds like your touch screen just died. If when you try to power up,phone vibrates and blue LED lights up usually means the motherboard is good. Haven't recently dropped the phone or any sign of damage?

3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    If you have a company-owned phone I'm going to guess it was secured in some way, possibly KNOX. Is anyone else at your workplace also seeing this happen with their phone?

If it's locked to Verizon's service and your employer canceled the account this could be messy to get it cleared. You could try wiping it and doing a Factory Reset. (note that this does wipe previously stored data)
    Open the back cover and remove the battery. Leave it out for a couple of minutes. Put it back in and try to boot your S3 up in Recovery Mode (Hold down the Up Volume button and the Home button while pressing the Power button.) If you can get into Recovery Mode, select 'wipe cache partition' and then 'wipe data/factory reset'.
    https://www.androidpit.com/galaxy-s3-recovery-mode-how-to-reboot-into-recovery