1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My S3 sounds... sick?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rott3np3anut, Aug 12, 2012.

1. rott3np3anut

rott3np3anut Newbie

Hey, so my S3 sounds really weird sometimes when talking. The best way I can describe it is the voice sounds sick. She talks slower, and lower pitched. I've noticed it during navigation and when I tried out the briefing mode for the alarm clock. Does anyone's phone do this? I tried to find the voice settings but couldn't. Please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rott3np3anut

rott3np3anut Newbie

Bump. No one else has this problem?

3. Nope. Voice and music is very clear. Did you put water or anything inside the speaker?

4. Mabashi

Mabashi Member

This happens to me occasionally on my GS3 and Galaxy Nexus. It usually resolves itself by restarting navigation. I'm not sure what causes it, maybe slower internet speed? I wouldn't worry about it too much.

5. rott3np3anut

rott3np3anut Newbie

Yeah it's off and on for me during navigation. But it really bothers me with the briefing alarm. It always sounds bad during that, to the point that I don't want to use it because I don't want to hear the voice.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My wife and I cracked up laughing when that voice happened the first time when using our GPS.

It seems to happen when we are nearing a destination. It's almost like there was an earlier version of the voice that got accidentally left in the system.

7. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Android Enthusiast

8. kayst

kayst Android Enthusiast

I've noticed it a lot during navigation. They have a new, faster, higher-pitched woman talking (sounds like prerecorded wave files), then in the middle for a few words switch to a deeper voiced, lower pitched computer generated voice. Sounds really freaky.

Don't know if this is a result of a new Google Nav version or a Samsung thing or a ICS thing.

I call the regular-sounding one Sally and the deeper voiced one Mona. Wish Mona would go away and just let Sally talk, she's much more friendly.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews