• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My samsung galaxy s2 wont turn on

andyoung

Lurker
Jan 3, 2013
I have a rooted samsung galaxy s2. The carrier is T-mobile It has been working fine but it freezes sometimes and all I do is to turn it off and then turn it on, it will be working fine. It froze yesterday and i turned it off but it wont turn on again. What should i do to get it on and working. Thanks

Welcome to the forums Andy :hello:

Try pulling the battery for a minute.

Try putting it on the charger for a while.

Try going to recovery. Hold both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. When the phone vibrates, let go of the power button but keep holding both volume buttons. In a few seconds you should be in the recovery menu. Use volume buttons to move up/down and power button to select. *if power button doesn't work, use your home key*. Next, select format cache partition. Now select reboot.

Reactions: bfldworker
Upvote 0
Do what Atmazzz said hopefully you can get into recovery. If his solution does not work you will need to put the phone in download mode and re flash uprooted stock rom tk get the device back to functioning state. After this you should be able to root again and have no problems. Let us know if that resolved the issue or what happened so we can help further.

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0
My samsung galaxy s2 will not turn on or charge no matter what. I've taken out the battery and sim and tried putting it back in. I tried the volume up, power, and home button all at once. Even the volume down, power and home button. Nothing happens. Even when I plug in the usb to my pc it won't work. What should I do? I do not want to lose all my contacts, datas, files, picture, etc. :(:(:(

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I don't have any other good suggestion except a repair shop. I don't really know much that can be done if it won't turn on at all. :(

Other then getting a Young Priest, a Old Priest and a virgin to sacrifice, there is nothing that can be done. I have dealt with that on repairs and 9 time out of 10 the board is dead.

My suggestion is either go to a repair shop, or if you are feeling a bit frisky find a used and working or a new motherboard for the phone. However I must warn you getting a new motherboard isn't cheap, used on the other hand I have found for 40.00. New is between 129.00-250.00. DO NOT USE CRAIGSLIST!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones