• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my Samsung Galaxy S3 is sending texts by itself

bloobie123

Lurker
Jan 5, 2013
Hi everyone new to the forums, my wifes phone seems to be sending texts randomly without her doing it. I talked to ATT about the issue and they said to reset the device and if the error persists to contact warranty for a new device.

has anyone had this issue happen to you or know of any known way of fixing it?

bloobie123

Hi everyone new to the forums, my wifes phone seems to be sending texts randomly without her doing it. I talked to ATT about the issue and they said to reset the device and if the error persists to contact warranty for a new device.

has anyone had this issue happen to you or know of any known way of fixing it?

bloobie123
Welcome to AF!
That is odd! Does it send texts to random contacts? And what is the content of those texts?
Do you use the stock messaging app?

Upvote 0
How do you clear data/cache in messaging. I went in there and went to setting and dont see anything about clearing cache and or data

Maybe thst is the case ive had it happen to me a couple times where. I sent my sister a picture and she texted me a week later saying I just got your picture text. And ive gotten random pictures sent to me from my wife multiple times hours later . But she called att and had her pull the battery for 5 minutes and they reset her phone frim the cell phone tower or something and she hasnt had any issues since last night.

Its weird because on att website you can see texts going back and forth but she says she never got those texts and never sent anything . She was at work.

Upvote 0
i will try the anti virus thing when i get home. its odd that its been doing it because people have been texting saying what are you talking about and question marks and what the ?... but ill get the messaging cache/data cleared, and im going to just do a full wipe of the phone and restart it later tonight.

hopefully it fixes the problem, thus far it seems we have had nothing but issues with the samsung galaxy line of phones... we love the phones they are great, but buggy with issues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones