1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Samsung Lightray is now ROOTED!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gridler916, May 13, 2013.

1. gridler916

gridler916 Lurker

So I have been consistently checking the web for the last 7 months or so, struggling to find a way to root my metro POS lightray that someone (not me) spent a ridiculous amount of money to buy, only to be disappointed time after time. FINALLY I now have a rooted SCH-R940. Now, since I never had anything intelligent to add to anyone conversations I cant post the link but how I rooted my lightray was incredibly easy. Simply search
    framaroot-1.4.1.apk
    download...install....restart......and there you go.
    Hopefully it will be as easy for you as it was for me.... now i only pray some dev comes up with a rom for it or, dare i say, an ics or jb port?!

nah, im off to read about how to compile a rom
    later

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. madscyentist

madscyentist Newbie

Awesome man! I actually work for MetroPCS and was curious why so many people were inquiring about a almost $400 phone.. then came to realize the price was dropped to $99! I was like "WHAT THE FAAAK?" I'll definitely be learning how to compile and port.. sounds like a good idea to make this phone a lot better and to its full potential. Thanks for posting this awesome tip!

3. Killah1994

Killah1994 Android Expert

Needs a recovery first before there can be any building of ROMs , also need the source code that's if its already out (doubt it) but yeah.

4. xFznX

xFznX Member

Framaroot 1.4.1 worked for me too! Had to reboot twice, but I'm rooted. Hope some devs can start working on this phone.

5. racer1309

racer1309 Newbie

I was thinking of getting this phone as an upgrade for my wife from another metro phone. Has anyone tried installing TWRP through Goo Manager?

6. Killah1994

Killah1994 Android Expert

Don't do it, you'll just end up with a hard brick, a dev has to build a recovery for this device.

Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Exynos 3210 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews