• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My school email powered by google

You should be able to set it up as a Google account through settings. Mine is a .edu powered be google and it works fine.

If there is some reason you want it setup as imap, make sure you enable it. Logon through a browser. Click settings (upper right corner) then the "Forwarding and POP/IAMP" tab, then enable imap.

I would suggest setting it up as a google account. You will be able to sync calendar and contacts, as well as having your email pushed to your phone.

Upvote 0
So I got the info for my school email today and it is @my.mcphs.edu "powered by google"....I tried setting up email via imap but it did not work. Is there a specific port, server I have to choose?

Does it matter that it is powered by google?

Congrats and welcome to the school. I have an iPhone and came across this entirely by accident, but its something I can answer for you since I'm at MCPHS as well.

To configure the 'Email' app on an Android device for access to Gmail, just follow the steps below:

1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
  2. On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
  3. On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup.
  4. Enter your full Gmail address and password, then select Next.
  5. On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
And you're done. You can verify your settings from the Inbox view by tapping < Menu > > Account settings.
Incoming settings
IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
Port: 993
Security type: SSL (always)
Outgoing settings
SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Security type: SSL (always)

Again, all the best. Good luck this year.

Upvote 0
Hey, I go to MCPHS too. I set up the school gmail with my original Droid twice. I don't recall changing the default addresses and ports. I remember having to find a special password somewhere on the MCPHS or gmail sites. I can't remember where it is now that I'm trying to sync it up on my Droid Bionic. I'll try to remember to post it when I find it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones