• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories My Seidio Spring-Clip Holster (belt clip) review.

TheBiles

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Review: HTC EVO 4G Seidio Spring-Clip Holster (non-cased phone) (MSRP: US$29.95)

Photo Gallery:

Easy to remove!

Tight, close fit to show off your shiny, new EVO!

High-quality plastic makes this one tough case and holds the EVO nicely!

Felt backing unlike anything that I have seen in a holster to protect the screen!

Introduction:
I would just like to start off by saying that, like many of you, I absolutely could not wait to get my hands on the brand new Sprint HTC EVO 4G. Also like many of you, the thought of scratching, dinging, or cracking my brand new EVO just makes me cringe. Also, the dust issues that the HTC Hero had drove me crazy, and I couldn

I picked up the Surface case combo, but I'm contemplating just using a holster since I'm sure the car dock won't work with a case on it. We'll see though.

Also, I picked up a holster for my Pre that is very similar to Seidio's holsters though mine was $7. Same felt lining and sturdy build as the Seidio holster for my Treo Pro. So I think I'll stick with the Surface combo until that 3rd party makes an Evo holster.

Upvote 0
I have the case and clip. I like them both and hope they hold up over time. Right now, the combo is ideal and keeps the face covered. That's good for me since when I have it clipped in, I'm not planning on texting, typing, or screen-viewing and using it mostly as a phone with a bluetooth headset.

The Seidio screen protectors are nice, but they are an absolute pain to get on. I had one pick up two pieces of lint from the air and it's now unuseable. The first one I installed was ok though.

Upvote 0
I am using this case at present. I like the thin feel (used to a leather case). It even has a small cut out under the latch so it doesn't unlock your phone when you slide it back in. I would have preferred the lip of the catch to come above the earpiece or a lip the opposite side to help the phone clip back in - just to start it off. I guess I'm just paranoid about breaking the edge of the plastic next to the grill. Overall though, the build is solid and looks like it will last and it is not bulky on my belt.

Upvote 0
was just wondering over time ,will the clip (from taking the phone in and out of the holster) chip off the colour on the top of the evo?....i just ordered mine and am not using any body skin.

I wondered something similar. I have the case/holster combo and the spring clip rubs on the case when you slide it in and out of the holder. No biggie 'cause there's a mm or so of plastic between the clip and the EVO, so not damage can occur.

Does the spring clip on the non-case holster rub on the body of the EVO? I'd hate to develop wear or scratches on my new phone 'cause of daily in and out from the holster.

Upvote 0
had the 2 piece case from best buy, returned it, bought a silicone from best buy, returned it. went to sprint store, they carried this seidio holster for 29.99. got it for under 25 being a premier customer with the discount. plus seidio is a well trusted brand and carries a 6 month warranty. returned a holster from my pre, and seidio's customer service was great also

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones