1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My SGH-i337M supposedly now AWS-enabled???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Seks, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Seks

Seks Newbie

I bought a Rogers-locked SGH-i337M 4.3 S4 few days ago and brought it to some unlocker. I wanted the phone to be unlocked and being able to be used on all networks including Wind (AWS band)

I didn't have a Wind or Mobilicity or Tmobile working SIM to test it when I went and pick up the phone.

All he showed me was that he had a (non-working??) Mobilicity SIM in there and he did a scan network option. We saw Telus, Rogers, Bell, Mobilicity, Wind on the list of networks.

Question is: Was that test sufficient enough to prove that the phone is now AWS-enabled? I won't be able to test Wind until I go in and sign up and get a SIM card.

I know my Telus SIM works in the phone (to make sure it's unlocked) as I tested it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Since the phone doesn't have a 1700MHz (AWS band) radio in it, I don't think it'll do AWS. It's like asking your TV to pick up radio programs.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews