• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My SIII keeps restarting

I think I have solved why my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini keeps rebooting. It normally happened when the phone was in a bag or I had just pressed the power button to wake the phone.

The issue is the power button gets stuck in causing a reboot due to the plastic back case being too flush. I have a Samsung S3 mini flip case which look like it snags the button; the normal plastic back looks like it give the button more room to move so avoid the reboot issue.

Upvote 0
I think I have solved why my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini keeps rebooting. It normally happened when the phone was in a bag or I had just pressed the power button to wake the phone.

The issue is the power button gets stuck in causing a reboot due to the plastic back case being too flush. I have a Samsung S3 mini flip case which look like it snags the button; the normal plastic back looks like it give the button more room to move so avoid the reboot issue.

I don't understand why Samsung didn't include an option in the setting to disable the Home button from turning on the phone. That was my primary reason to root it. It's as simple as removing the word HOME from one of the files. But you can't edit it without having root access. Also, many of the custom rom's include the option to turn it off.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Ramer do u know a way to disable the Power button bro? (Not disable it fully lol but prevent it from waking the screen) :beer:

There was an app in the play store a while ago that people used to use on the thunderbolt because the power button would mess up, and it would allow you to use the volume buttons to wake the device. I'll see if I can find it. I don't think it would keep the power button from waking the device though.

Edit: I guess widget locker will let you use the volume rocker to wake your phone.

Upvote 0
Ramer do u know a way to disable the Power button bro? (Not disable it fully lol but prevent it from waking the screen) :beer:

Sorry I don't. I saw you post about that awhile back. It's a pretty unique idea to disable the actual power button. The case I'm using has a pretty hard back and causes the power button to be recessed. Maybe that would do the trick. I got it on Amazon.

Upvote 0
Thanx bro. Im actually gona do a bit of phone shopping coz i forgot i won a $100 voucher for shopandroid.com ages ago and havent used it. I have to spend the whole voucher in one purchase so im either gona buy a nice rugged case just to make the phone nicer to hold and look at or a set of earbuds (the choice isnt great)
Theres a case ARMOR i think its called that i quite fancy :)

EDIT thats a really nice lookin case in your amazon link man. I dont use a holster but a kickstand would be nice.
How sticky is the material? I find that theres a fine line between a phone being secure to hold and being too sticky to take in and out of your pocket :beer:

Upvote 0
Thanx bro. Im actually gona do a bit of phone shopping coz i forgot i won a $100 voucher for shopandroid.com ages ago and havent used it. I have to spend the whole voucher in one purchase so im either gona buy a nice rugged case just to make the phone nicer to hold and look at or a set of earbuds (the choice isnt great)
Theres a case ARMOR i think its called that i quite fancy :)

EDIT thats a really nice lookin case in your amazon link man. I dont use a holster but a kickstand would be nice.
How sticky is the material? I find that theres a fine line between a phone being secure to hold and being too sticky to take in and out of your pocket :beer:

I don't use the holster side either, just have the cover protecting the back. The kickstand is a big plus. The material is some sort of slightly flexible type plastic. It's got a weave type pattern on it that makes it very comfortable and secure to hold. It's very difficult to turn on using the power button from the front, you turn it on by approaching the power button from the back of the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones