1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My sister wants to learn swimming but has weak eyesight (-4.25). Will it be safe for her ?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tannerion, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Tannerion

Tannerion Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Also,swim- goggles cost a lot, plus look bad !! will it harm here eyesight even more if she goes swimming without any kind of corrective glasses. she also doesnt use contacts. Thanks

Advertisement

2. highjakker

highjakker Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Male
    Service Writer
    Virginia baby!!!
    well it depends on a lot of different variables. unless she swims like a dolphin with her arms by her side she probably won't bump into much but the arm floaties will probably prevent this anyway and i think the inflatable duckie waist floatation device will offer her good protection. as far as the googles go- she can swim without them (most people do) and unless the chlorine levels are very high she'll be relatively safe. if she swims into an unusually warm spot tell her to close her eyes immediately!

3. BlkBear

BlkBear Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Bum
    Seattle
    I have friends who are blind, that swim a lot better than I can. One buddy does open ocean swims, something I won't do even if I was a great swimmer and couldn't sink and was weighted down with a two ton rock. So as for being safe for someone with poor sight, sure, why not?

4. aloy99

aloy99 Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    I think you might want to get a pair of second-hand goggles, eye protection is important. The chlorine doesn't mean the water is totally clean.