• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my sisters phone neeeeds help bad

rickrabies

Jul 24, 2011
iowa
so the other day. i happened to pick up my sisters phone and fiddle with it...
mannn is it slow and buggy..stock 2.1 CDMA Sprint

so..i downloaded z4root onto it and rooted it then downloaded..
superuser
system apk
filer manager
liberty toolbox

and deleted all the bloatware and had her delete alot of copys of pics to free up space.
and its still very slow and sluggish. very laggy. wont let you use the touch screen when its charging...weird
now for the question...
i would like to get the 2.2 apk for her and flash it.
i tried to find stuff on it but all i find is 2010 era and people said wait.

its ok to flash 2.2 froyo onto the hero? if so can i kindly be directed to the link and a link to some roms plz.

from what i hear the hero cant hold the 2.3 ???

i jus love my sister and want to help her out. thanks much

so the other day. i happened to pick up my sisters phone and fiddle with it...
mannn is it slow and buggy..stock 2.1 CDMA Sprint

so..i downloaded z4root onto it and rooted it then downloaded..
superuser
system apk
filer manager
liberty toolbox

and deleted all the bloatware and had her delete alot of copys of pics to free up space.
and its still very slow and sluggish. very laggy. wont let you use the touch screen when its charging...weird
now for the question...
i would like to get the 2.2 apk for her and flash it.
i tried to find stuff on it but all i find is 2010 era and people said wait.

its ok to flash 2.2 froyo onto the hero? if so can i kindly be directed to the link and a link to some roms plz.

from what i hear the hero cant hold the 2.3 ???

i jus love my sister and want to help her out. thanks much

Z4Root installs SuperUser for you, so you do not need to download it from the Android Market. Pictures saved on the microSD card should not really slow down the normal function of the handset unless you are viewing pictures very often and they are constantly needing to be reloaded. The touchscreen not working while it is charging is usually because you are using a non OEM charger. My friend tried using an aftermarket charger with his and his touchscreen would go nuts when it was plugged in.

If you are interested in a faster ROM, I would suggest either AOSP Android 2.3 or CyanogenMod 7 which is also based on Android 2.3. They are, by far, the two quickest ROMs for the Sprint HTC Hero. Here is a link to AOSP Android 2.3: http://androidforums.com/sprint-her...od-aosp-2-3-4-cm7-gingerbread-05-23-11-a.html .

Reactions: rickrabies
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones