• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My smartphone is bricked :S

kamengtaiv

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
Hello, i am new here and today i have bricked my ZTE Blade.This was happen when i tryed to install CyanogenMod.When i was on the recovery screen on the clockworkmod recovery i have selected choose .zip file bla-bla-bla and i have selected the CyanogenMod rom zip file .When i installed it i rebooted my phone and i m stuck on the green Android Robot.

P.S Is this right that the CyanogenMod support Gen 2 Only?I installed it on gen 1.

You're not actually bricked though, bricked means it won't turn on at all. You can get into clockwork which is always a good thing (even if it's the wrong version of clockwork).

You can go to 2.3 in your state, but thinking about it, I'd rather get you up and working with a 2.2 ROM first, before we attempt the Gen 1 to Gen 2 thing.

In looking for the correct clockwork image file, I found this. If you use method 2, it will install the correct version of clockwork for you. Once clockwork is on, you can flash the 7.0.1 version of Cyanogen.

Give it a shot, let me know how you get on.

Reactions: kamengtaiv
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones