1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

My SMS Workaround Keeps "Unfixing" the Sleep Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by clifton421, Oct 27, 2009.

1. clifton421

clifton421 New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    OK, I have hard reset and done the sms workaround twice. Both times it worked for about 2 days (I was averaging about 10% wake time) and then it just stopped working (the wake time percentage just started climbing and when I soft reset it was at 100% from then on). Anyone else have this problem with the workaround and does anyone have a "workaround" for the workaround, lol

Advertisement

2. rebs

rebs Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Yes numerous people do.

I did a factory reset + "the fix" and it worked for 24 hours. I didn't install any other 3rd party applications (other then Handcent for the fix). After the voicemail update, the fix died. The wake lock issue is ok, but I was back to 100% awake time.

Although some people have had success on a permanent basis, numerous people have the same complaints as us (and there's no 3rd party app to blame). /sigh

The most disappointing thing is that evidently this has been an issue for over 6 months (since the Hero and Sense UI is overseas).

3. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Information Technology
    Central Florida
    I am running at about 14% on mine and I applied the fix 7 days ago using Handcent.

4. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

I applied the fix back around the 13th or 14th when it was first discovered and it's worked ever since.

Tags: