• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Sprint store Epic 4G Touch reservation experience

Boins

Aug 31, 2011
So today I decided to go to my local Sprint store to reserve the E4GT. When I get there, the employees were familiar with the phone and the release date of the 16th. However there was nothing in place to accept reservations.

After some phone calls by an employee to another person, I was told that someone elsewhere was setting up their computers so reservations could be accepted. After about 20 minutes of waiting, I was able to place the $50 on each phone deposit and reserve 2 phones.

After it was all said and done I thought this deposit guaranteed me 2 phones. I was told they would be available for me on release day but if I didn't pick em up THAT day I could lose them to a paying walk-in customer.

This doesn't sound like a big deal but I can't get the phones until the 17th. So it will be pretty lame if I put a deposit down and have to wait for a 2nd shipment post launch.

It seems like Samsung and Sprint didn't do a very good job working together to get this reservation process very smooth

^ That's what I think. I bet they didn't have a clue about this so called "reservation" process and just made up something so they could swipe my MasterCard.

Well at least I got a receipt showing some payment toward the specific phone.

Joke will be on them when I port our old phone numbers from AT&T and get $125 credit per line, bringing the phone costs to $75 each. AND they said they will buy our old iPhones for just $100 each, so in the long run Sprint will be PAYING ME to use these awesome phones! WooT!

Upvote 0
^ That's what I think. I bet they didn't have a clue about this so called "reservation" process and just made up something so they could swipe my MasterCard.

Well at least I got a receipt showing some payment toward the specific phone.

Joke will be on them when I port our old phone numbers from AT&T and get $125 credit per line, bringing the phone costs to $75 each. AND they said they will buy our old iPhones for just $100 each, so in the long run Sprint will be PAYING ME to use these awesome phones! WooT!

I thought the port over credit was over..... :thinking:

Upvote 0
I am in the hope that radio shack will carry it the same day. i recently purchased a photon and im not really happy with it. the problem is that my 30 return policy ends the 10th. i was hoping the sept 9th would come true but they decided to ruin my day yesterday and announce the 16th as the launch. My question is, would it work to return my photon for the evo 3d and then when the sg2 comes out, return the evo and get what i wanted in the first place.

Upvote 0
I am in the hope that radio shack will carry it the same day. i recently purchased a photon and im not really happy with it. the problem is that my 30 return policy ends the 10th. i was hoping the sept 9th would come true but they decided to ruin my day yesterday and announce the 16th as the launch. My question is, would it work to return my photon for the evo 3d and then when the sg2 comes out, return the evo and get what i wanted in the first place.

You mean exchanging the photon for the 3d? your "30" days trial does not reset when you exchange phones. it still goes by the original purchase/upgrade date. You would have to return the photon. Buy the 3d, and then echange the 3d for the SGSII. That will cost you $35.00 each time for a total of $70.00.
So basically it will be $70.00 for you to get a SGSII for 200.

Upvote 0
if what you say is true that the 30 days does not reset. then i would still be passed the 30 days when the sg2 does come to radio shack. if it costs be an additional $70 for the phone i want, then well worth it for me.

OR if you have a sprint phone you can use in the meantime, just return your photon and wait for the SGSII. But the way your talking about it it sounds like you dont have a backup phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones