• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My stratosphere doesn't respond!

A

Android Question

I have a Samsung Stratosphere. This is a re-manufactured model that I purchased because my first one (a brand new phone) would not connect to my PC after a month of having it. This is getting on my nerves. I have looked up multiple forums on my phone and they all say exactly what the instruction manual says: Android will pop up and ask if I want to connect to my PC via mass storage mode. No Android icon, no mass storage mode connection, no anything that demonstrates that this phone is responding to my PC. I have 30G of pix, flix and dox that I would love to transfer to my PC, because, as handy as a smart phone is, they can be quite stoopid when you need to things that require an actual computer. Any valid suggestions? Or should I call my provider and tell them that I am the owner of yet another dud?

Make sure that the cable you're using is a data + power cable, not just a power cable. (Take it into the store and see if it connects one of their known-good phones to one of their computers.) You might also want to try to connect another Samsung phone, known to connect, to your computer. (See if a friend would be willing to just connect his/her phone for a couple of seconds.) The driver may have become corrupted. (Download it from Samsung's site, let it uninstall the old one and install the new one.)

Look at the microUSB connector carefully through a good magnifying glass with a strong light shining into it. Is the center bar damaged in any way?

Or it could be, as you said, that you own yet another dud.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones